Glen Caring have built a new state-of-the-art ‘Changing Places’ facility for people with severe mobility disabilities, which is based in Ebrington Square Derry/Londonderry and is opening in Summer 2017.
The facility was developed and funded fully by Glen Caring and is the first one in the Western Region.
“From our own experience of taking clients on respite care daytrips, standard disabled toilets are simply not enough for those with severe mobility issues,” says Glen Caring general manager Linda Beckett. “This new facility enables them and their carers to enjoy trips to and days out in Derry and the surrounding areas, with the security of knowing that their needs can be met with dignity.”
The equipment available at the Ebrington Changing Places facility includes:
- A height adjustable adult sized changing bench
- A tracking Hoist system
- Adequate space in changing area for up to two people
- A centrally placed Aqua 800 washing, drier toilet with adequate room either side
- A curtain to allow privacy
- Non-slip flooring
- A large bin for the disposal of pads
- Wide tear-off paper to cover bench
- Shower with floor drainage.
The new Ebrington facility is part of a growing network of Changing Places toilets across the UK and Ireland. Find out more about Changing Places here.
If you need further information about the new Ebrington facility, please email Glen Caring on firstname.lastname@example.org