Glen Caring Services are seeking to recruit a Male Campus Assistant to assist a student during their studies at Magee University, Derry/Londonderry.
About the Male Campus Assistant Post:
This is Male Campus Assistant post is a temporary job of approximately 25-30 hours per week, commencing in September 2018. This is a term-time only position. Therefore, the services of the successful candidate will only be required during the University calendar.
As Campus Assistant you will be responsible for carrying out a number of duties including:
- Accompany and assist student to and from University campus and other facilities (carrying bags, orientation around campus)
- Support during both theory, practical and any other classes
- Attend lectures & tutorials and take detailed notes in the format required by the student
- Type up accurate notes within agreed time limits, usually 3 days
- Maintaining time-sheets and other confidential records
- Assisting student with all personal care requirements and non-medical assistance
A full job description is available upon request.
Male Campus Assistant Essential Requirements:
- Applicants must be educated to degree level
- Excellent communication, written and orientation skills
- Ability to carry out specialist tasks such as the provision of assistance in practical classes or note-taking in lectures
- A strong understanding of data protection and confidentiality
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate flexibility over working hours
An awareness of health and safety, and previous experience in note-taking are desirable. Experience of providing physical assistance to disabled people is also desirable. However, Glen Caring will provide full training to the successful candidate to enable them to carry out this role. The successful candidate will be expected to complete an Access NI (Enhanced) check before beginning employment.
How to Apply for the Male Campus Assistant Post:
If you would like to know more about this role, or would like to request an application form, please contact Lisa on 028 8225 2666 or via email: email@example.com
Completed application forms can be returned to the following address:
Glen Caring Services,
14 Mountjoy Road,
About Glen Caring
Glen Caring has been providing social care services since 1995. Today our team of trained carers enable our clients to live as independently as possible with confidence and reassurance. With the help of our care assistants, our clients can enjoy an improved quality of life, which offers the support they require.
Services Glen Caring Provides
In addition to independent living assistance, we offer a range of social care services to clients who require care at home or in their lives to maintain both their health and wellbeing. Our services include everything from meals and household duties and shopping to personal care and companionship. We offer our services in many different ways as follows:
- Self-Directed Support – which offers clients the ‘choice, flexibility and control’ to take charge of their own care package
- Private Home Care – home care packages customised to meet the needs of any individual or family.
- Specialist Care – such as dementia care.
- Respite and Sitting Services – these offer clients to enjoy a caring and fun experience while also providing their families with the support they need to take a much-deserved break.It includes e.g. suitable minibus for the transport of service users offering day trips for example shopping, cinema, library, concerts – along with weekend breaks. It also includes sitting services and over night packages are designed to offer support and reassurance for clients and their families.
You can find out more about our services here: http://www.glencaring.com/services/